Chapels and Churches of Crynant
Crynant currently has four active places of worship - Godre'Rhos Chapel, Saron Chapel, Bethel Chapel, and Saint Margaret's Church. In addition, Crynant has the closed Salem Chapel. Bethania Chapel has been demolished, and Zion Chapel has been converted into a workshop.
Godre'Rhos Chapel is located off the road that comes over the moor from Ystradgynlais. It is an independent chapel, founded in 1754, and the current building dates to 1855.
Visit our Godre'Rhos webpage.
Saron Chapel began life as a Sunday School building for Godre'Rhos Chapel, but was established as an independent cause of its own in 1908. It remains a flourishing bi-lingual chapel.
Visit our Saron Chapel webpage.
Saint Margaret's Church is an Anglican, Church in Wales, church with regular services. It is located alongside a Chapel of Ease, which was the former establishment of the church, some of which dates back to the 13th century.
Visit our Saint Margaret's Church webpage.
Salem Chapel was a Calvinistic Methodist place of worship, located in Brynawel road. It closed in 2017, but the building has been preserved as a community asset by a charitable trust.
Visit our Salem Chapel webpage.
Bethania Chapel was a Baptist establishment on Woodland Road, and was constructed in 1907. It has been demolished and replaced with a private house. When it closed, its congregation united with that of Saron Chapel, Crynant.
Visit our Bethania Chapel webpage.
Zion Chapel was a Calvinistic Methodist chapel located on Neath Road, Crynant. It was first constructed in 1821, and rebuilt in 1868, but is now closed. The building survives and is now used as a workshop.
Visit our Zion Chapel webpage.